Monday, January 18, 2010

Adversity A Poem By Dadisai Roberta


a slow painful tear drop leads down through his ashen skin,
so harrowing it leaves a scar, a trace of his suffering;
no one is there to love him, hold him, console him.
Dismissed and forgotten he is holding on with the last bit of fortitude inside

despondency is all that is left of him;
he is a slave to poverty and so are many offspring..

shackles, chains, cuffs
shackles, chains and cuffs....

only a glimpse and you can see him drowning in dysphoria.
his pain is so resonant that it pierces through me;
through every single part of me.
he has hauled me into his relm of discomfort and distress..

he pines for me to endure his suffering,
envisage his surroundings.
he needs me to understand him, be a part of him;
his intent is indefinite, indistinct, nebulous.

how can such an unversed child be so dominating, so controlling.
i pity him;
and it is this pity that has left me bare and open;
i am defenseless.
i am weak.

he plays with my head, i want him out of it
out, out, out

OUT!!

shackles, chains, cuffs
shackles, chains and cuffs...

im unsuccessful, and its amazing they way he is able to stay as calm as a millpond, holding it together while i am falling apart.

his bold brown eyes have history behind them that castles and cathedrals of 1000years have yet to see
and as i look through them my hands quiver eminently.
his pain runs through me.

i have to give him what he wants, what he needs



i have to give him me.


by
Dadisai roberta

1 comment:

  1. This is powerful, so poignant!!!! What a lyrical genius you are Dadisai!! Thanks for posting Tawanda!!

    ReplyDelete